VMD software free download for windowx, Linux and macOS (Visual Molecular Dynamics) is a molecular modeling and visualization software in chemistry for viewing and analyzing the results of molecular dynamics simulations. This tool provides editable “materials” that can be applied to a molecular geometry and controls the details of how the molecular geometry is shaded and how transparent or opaque the displayed molecular geometry is.
Key features of VMD (Visual Molecular Dynamics) Software:
- Provides mechanisms for working with volumetric data, sequence data, and arbitrary graphics objects
- Designed for modeling, visualization, and analysis of general molecules and biological systems such as proteins, nucleic acids, lipid bilayer assemblies, etc
- Provides a wide variety of methods for rendering and coloring a molecule including simple points and lines, CPK spheres and cylinders, licorice bonds, backbone tubes and ribbons, and cartoon drawings
- Allows for animating and analyzing the trajectory of a molecular dynamics simulation
- Transparent surfaces allow inner structural details to be seen within a large molecular structure
- Material controls simplify rendering molecular scenes using external ray tracers, each of which typically differ slightly