Aspen Plus: Piping Systems Valves Pumps & Compressors training video course by udemy download. Simulation and Modeling of Piping Systems, Fittings, Valves, Pumps and Compressors using Aspen Plus. Aspen Plus is a powerful engineering simulation software that you can use to model a wide range of chemical processes. It is widely used in engineering universities and in the industry, in research, development, modeling and design.
Aspen Plus serves as the engineering platform for modeling processes from Upstream through Gas Processing to Petroleum Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals and Pharmaceutical processes. This online course is designed around a series of piping system examples which we work through to a model solution. It is an essential guide to understanding the principles, features and functions of Aspen Plus when modeling piping systems, fittings, valves, pumps and compressors. This understanding is a prerequisite for a successful design, simulation, rating & optimization of your plant and piping system.
What you’ll learn
- Identify and explain the various classes of piping system models available in Aspen Plus (pipes, valves, pumps, compressors)
- Model piping components (pipes, fittings, valves…)
- Model fluid movers (pumps, compressors)
- Model piping systems
- Mitigate the risk for cavitation or choked flow using Aspen Plus
- Learn how to economically optimize your piping system
- A background in chemical engineering or industrial chemistry
- Aspen Plus (Version 7 at least) – Version 11 is used in this training
- Section 1: ABOUT THIS ASPEN PLUS MODULE
- Lecture 1 Introducing this Aspen Plus module
- Lecture 2 Software and hardware
- Section 2: ABOUT ASPEN PLUS
- Lecture 3 What is Aspen Plus ?
- Lecture 4 Why is Aspen Plus so important ?
- Lecture 5 Who uses Aspen Plus ?
- Lecture 6 How can we translate a chemical process into an Aspen Plus simulation model ?
- Section 3: PIPING SYSTEMS
- Lecture 7 Piping systems : Learning objectives
- Lecture 8 Piping system description
- Lecture 9 “STEAMNBS”
- Lecture 10 Setting the flowsheet
- Lecture 11 Entering piping system specifications
- Lecture 12 Pipe results
- Lecture 13 Pump results
- Lecture 14 Valve results
- Lecture 15 Tank results
- Lecture 16 Determining the onset of cavitation and valve choking
- Section 4: ECONOMIC OPTIMIZATION OF PIPING SYSTEMS
- Lecture 17 Economic optimization of piping systems : Introduction
- Lecture 18 Piping system description
- Lecture 19 Setting the flowsheet
- Lecture 20 Entering piping system specifications
- Lecture 21 The Optimization tool
- Lecture 22 The Sensitivity tool
- Section 5: WHAT IS NEXT ?
- Lecture 23 Taking your Aspen Plus skills to the next level ?
- Lecture 24 Flash Separation & Distillation Module : Introduction
- Lecture 25 Liquid-Liquid Extraction Module : Introduction
- Lecture 26 Chemical Reactor Module : Introduction
- Lecture 27 Heat Exchanger Module : Introduction
- Lecture 28 Solids handling Module : Introduction
- Lecture 29 Fluidized bed modeling in Aspen Plus
- Lecture 30 Aspen Plus Safety Environment : Process description
- Movie quality: MP4 | Video: h264, 1280 × 720
- Audio quality: Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
- Movie duration: 1h 53m
- Number of lessons: 30 lectures
- Language: English
- Compressed file size: 800 MB