Stochastic Process Optimization using Aspen Plus pdf download combined use of the modular simulator Aspen® Plus and stochastic optimization methods, codified in MATLAB, is presented. Some basic concepts of optimization are first presented, then, strategies to use the simulator linked with the optimization algorithm are shown. Finally, examples of application for process engineering are discussed.
- The book links simulation and optimization through numerical analyses and stochastic optimization techniques
- Provides specific information on how to implement stochastic optimization with process simulators.
- Enable readers to identify practical and economic solutions to problems of industrial relevance, enhancing the safety, operation, environmental, and economic performance of chemical processes.
- Includes use of examples to illustrate the application of the concepts and specific guidance on the use of software (Aspen® Plus, Excel, MATLB) to set up and solve models representing complex problems.
- Illustrates several examples of applications for the linking of simulation and optimization software with other packages for optimization purposes.
- Author (s): Juan Gabriel Segovia-Hernández, Fernando Israel Gómez-Castro
- Publisher: Wiley
- Year of publication: 2017
- Writing language: English
- ISBN: 9781498785105
- Number of pages: 242 pages
- Book format: PDF
- Compressed file size: 6.48 MB